Handyman / Maintenance Technician
Work independently/No snow removal/Limited On Call
Growing Grand Rapids residential property maintenance firm is looking for a Field Maintenance Technician with remodeling skills to join our team.
The successful candidate will enjoy working independently and will be skilled in performing residential maintenance and remodeling work including installation and repair of plumbing and bathroom fixtures, cabinetry, and electrical fixtures and appliances. Includes general carpentry such as repairs, framing, installing replacement windows, etc. Experience in a specific trade such as carpentry, plumbing or electrical is preferred. Work at multiple sites in Grand Rapids, managing your own schedule and using a provided tablet to manage work orders.
- Two plus years in residential repair / remodeling required
- Prior experience in rental property maintenance is preferred
- Experience meeting with customers and writing estimates is preferred
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Basic computer and email skills are required
- Valid drivers’ license
- Must have your own tools and cell phone
- Ability to be on call the occasional night and weekend
Work Environment: Ability to drive a vehicle, bend, lift, kneel, twist and climb. Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally heavier objects. Use of manual dexterity for writing, Tablet and hand tool use.
We Offer: No snow removal! Competitive pay, a positive work environment, a rotating schedule of on call time that provides more time off than our competitors and flexibility to manage your schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: starts at $20.00 per hour
- Flexible work days
- Company van
- 10 days paid-time-off
- 8 paid flexible holidays
- Healthcare / dental / vision contribution
- 401k match (after the first year)
- $1500 sign on bonus!